What to Consider When Moving House
At some point in your life you may be faced with the prospect of moving home. Perhaps you have had a change in circumstances, or you need to relocate somewhere more suited to your lifestyle? In either case, the task of moving to a new house can come with plenty of challenges. That is why you should consider all tasks before moving to avoid being caught out. You should consider the checklist below, as well as how self-storage solutions can make moving simpler.
Our Moving Checklist
• Check Your Inventory – Before you start packing, check on everything that you intend to take with you. You may find this to be a good opportunity to sort through what is essential and what to remove.
• Collect Storage Boxes – You should always use high quality storage boxes that are sturdy and secure. This will help you avoid any damage to your items or potential harm to anyone handling them. Check with a storage company to see what boxes they can supply.
• Arrange and Pack Your Belongings – Separate out those items you have decided to take with you from those you wish to discard. Check to see if you can give away or sell any unwanted items, otherwise dispose of them in a responsible way. Ensure that each storage box is well padded and within the safe weight limit. Label each box with a list of contents so you can easily unpack and distribute items at your new home.
• Settle Bills and Utilities – Settle Bills and Utilities – Make sure you fully pay all bills and disconnect all utilities before moving. Arrange ahead of time to reconnect them at your new residence.
• Clean Up – Once you have packed away all your belongings, thoroughly clean the entire house before moving out.
Benefits of Self-Storage
While you can try and move items yourself, or employ a removal service, using a secure self-storage facility has definite advantages. Self-storage allows you to keep your belongings in a safe and convenient location so that you can easily retrieve them. In addition, using self-storage is much more cost-effective than trying to arrange transport yourself. Finally, secure self-storage warehouses have high quality security features, ensuring your belongings are safe and well cared for until needed.
About St John’s Hall Storage
St John’s Hall Storage has provided self-storage solutions to customers for over 20 years. We serve both domestic and commercial customers throughout the Norfolk and Suffolk area. Our team offers easy, convenient and secure self-storage at competitive prices. We protect our warehouse with alarms and CCTV monitoring, and have insulation in our facilities that protects your belongings. As a leading storage company, our professional team will tailor services to your personal needs to ensure you receive the best quality service. You can locate our self-storage facilities in Beccles, where you can easily drive up and offload your belongings straight to your storage unit.
To find out more, contact our friendly team via our website or by phone. For your next house move, use St John’s Hall Storage for safe and convenient self-storage solutions.